Monday, October 17, 2016


       My goals and intentions for this artwork to focus on looking at the shadows, highlights, and shapes found within the picture.  I accomplished them by using a light to emphasize the details in the poster and thinking about the shade of darkness i would use.  My drawing is dramatic about the over lapping shadows.  The most difficult challenge i had to face was trying to separate light grey from white, which i met by using an eraser and erasing any place that was pure white.  My drawing really works at the G.  I have learned to not make it streaky.  Erin cone is my mentor.  Mr. Gaudreau is another artist that i learned from.  If i did it over i would have made the letters connect.  I feel best about the overlapping.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I am particularly drawn to the way you captured the overlapping shadows and kept your values very distinct.

    ReplyDelete